Vegan Turkish Delight Cheesecake (Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free, Oil Free)



Hi guys! Sorry again for the lack of posts: my masters thesis is now due in 19 days! Super scary stuff, especially since my supervisor told me last Friday I need to write another chapter! I have since frantically written said chapter in a caffeine-infused haze, so you can feel free to imagine me as bogged down at my desk, surrounded by notes, books, chocolate wrappers and discarded cups of coffee. You wouldn't be far from the truth either, to be honest.

So here is a quick recipe, and sorry for the sole slightly-out-of-focus photo: I didn't have time to take proper ones. But if you were after more recipes, I have been posting most on my instagram, but once my thesis is done, I will be posting more regularly on here: I do have a few projects coming up that I am excited about, not to mention a back-log of recipes!

Prep: 20 minutes, Freezing, 6-8 hours. Total time: 8 h 20.

Serves 4-6, in a tiny tin (roughly 15cm x 8cm)

You will need:

For the base:

1 cup almonds
1/4 cup coconut shreds
1 1/2 tbsp coconut butter, melted
2 tbsp maple syrup

For the rose layer:

1/2 cup soaked cashews
1 tbsp coconut butter
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut yogurt or cream
1/2 tsp rose water or a few drops of rose essence

For the chocolate layer:

1/2 cup soaked cashews
1 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp coconut butter
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut yogurt or cream

Method:

1. In a high speed blender, blitz the almonds until fine. Add coconut shreds, coconut butter and maple syrup. Blitz. Then press into a lined small tin (that has a good depth). Mine was tiny, about 15 cm long, 8 cm wide, and 7 cm high.
2. In a high speed blender, add all ingredients for rose layer except rose essence/water. Once smooth, add a drop or two of your rose essence. It can be easy to add too much, so take it slow until you like the taste. Pour on top of base, bang on the bench a few times to remove air bubbles, and place in the freezer while you make final layer.
3. Rinse out your blender, then add all ingredients for chocolate layer. When smooth, pour on top of rose layer, bang on the bench again, then cover in some cling wrap and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
4. Remove from tin, and serve when ready! I covered mine in some chocolate, rose petals, and a raspberry.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images