Yoda Vegan Coconut Kiwi Ice-Cream


So May the Fourth (be with you) is coming up, and I must admit, it is probably one of my favourite days of the year (sorry, yes I am a massive Star Wars fan!). Last year I made Star Wars Cookies, and this year, I thought why not make some Yoda ice-cream, especially after I saw this, I knew I had to!  Mine may have turned out a little very weird looking, but that's okay! You don't have to make this into Yoda, it is a good vegan ice-cream flavour all on it's own!

You will need:

1 x 400 ml can of coconut cream (pour out water)
4-6 kiwi fruit (I used 5)
1 tsp of arrowroot powder
approximately 3 tbsp of maple syrup. The amount you need will depend on how sweet your kiwi fruit are.
Optional: green food colouring.


1. Combine all ingredients into a food processor. Add more maple syrup, or kiwi fruit, until you get the taste you like. I added a few drops of green food colouring as I wanted Yoda to be recognizably green.
2. Pour into a metal tray, cover with glad wrap, and place in freezer.
3. Whisk every 30 minutes until ready to serve. Don't forget to whisk! It is one of the most important things to do that many neglect.

To Make Yoda:
1. Make your ears. I used this printout, but did a screen shot, resized it in word to make small ears suitable for ice-cream. You will need four pairs of ears per Yoda. Cut out your ears, with sticky tape attach a tooth pick to the back of one ear, then using sticky tape attach the other ear. Cover ear with sticky tape to avoid the ink being smudged when it comes into contact with the ice-cream.
2. Get your eyes. I had left over eyes from mummy cup-cakes (I am also an Egyptologist, how could I not make mummy cup-cakes?!) I did ages ago, but googly-eyes are another good vegan option. Or maybe no eyes at all. It is equally possible that it will look better without eyes.
3. Using an ice-cream scoop, put two scoops on top of each other in a martini glass, so that you kind of have a head and a body.
4. Stick in your ears, and stick on your eyes.
5. If desired, use a tooth pick to draw in the wrinkles, nose and mouth of Yoda. Try and make it better than mine!
6. Done!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images