Vegan Blueberry Lavender Tarts (Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free, Oil Free)


Have you ever had a recipe idea in the midst of essay writing that just makes you stop and go "I have to make this now!". Well, this recipe was formed in such a moment. As soon as I had the idea, and since my progress writing a new chapter for my thesis wasn't going so well, I decided to make these tarts ASAP. For those wondering...yes, after my supervisor requested me to write a new chapter, and when I sent her the new draft, she told me to re-write it from scratch. Yep, just 12 days out from submitting my thesis, I am trying to write another chapter. Not exactly the situation you want to be in, to be honest. Though on the bright side, the formatting is 95% done and the rest of the thesis about 90% finished, so potentially I have time. But stress levels, you know, are not the best. But tarts do help, my friends!

So if you have made it through this ramble, you must be wondering what's the go with these tarts? Is there even a recipe here? Well, yes there is! These tarts taste like creamy ice cream with a crunchy base. Yummy! And lavender and blueberry are a match made in heaven, I have no idea why I haven't tried it before! Plus, this is another experiment in oil-free recipe phase, so enjoy!

Makes around 6 small tartlets, or around 1 small 10cm diametre cheesecake.

Prep: 20 minutes, Freezer: 2-3 hours. Total Time: 3h 20 mins.

You will need:

For the base:

1 cup almonds
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1.5 tbsp melted coconut butter
2 tbsp maple syrup

For the filling:

1/2 cup soaked and drained cashews
1 tbsp melted coconut butter
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut yogurt or cream
1/4 cup blueberries
1-2 tsp dried lavender

Method:

1. In a food processor/blender, blitz almonds until crumbly. Add the rest of the ingredients until combined, then press into small tartlet moulds.
2. Combine all ingredients for filling in high-speed blender, except lavender. When smooth, add 1 tsp lavender. Add more according to taste.
3. Pour filling into parts, then place in freezer to set for a few hours.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images