Vegan Snickers Slice (Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free)


Lately I have become OBSESSED with the chocolate and peanut butter combo. How I have ever missed it, I have no idea. It all started when my boyfriend got me a packet of Cleo's Peanut Butter cups for Valentine's Day, and the rest is history.

This slice is easy, delicious, and reminiscent of a snickers bar. Plus, most importantly, it involves that ever amazing peanut butter and chocolate combo. It features:

A crumby cashew cookie base,

a smooth and oozy peanut butter caramel,

and most importantly,

chocolate.

Vegan Snickers Slice

Serves 10.

Prep: 30 minutes, freezing: 1 hour. Total Time: 1 h 30 minutes

You will need:

For the base:

1/2 cup cashew butter
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut flour

For the peanut butter caramel:

10 medjool dates, soaked and pitted
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp peanut butter
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp vanilla
dash of salt

For the topping:

1/4 cup roasted peanuts
50 g dark vegan chocolate

Method:

1. In a food processor combine the ingredients for the base. Once combined pressed into a small square tin that is lined with baking paper.
2. Combine all ingredients for the caramel until smooth, then smooth over the base. Sprinkle with peanuts, and if desired, drizzle with chocolate now or later, once it has been cut up. Freeze for 1 hour.
3. Cut into bars before serving.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. These are fab! Just made them. I wouldn't say it serves 10 though! I cut mine into 5 which makes a 'proper size bar'! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you so much for the feedback, I'm glad you loved them! I just said ten as I like to have them in "snack" sized bars as they're pretty high in fat (which my tummy doesn't always agree with), but I'd gladly eat 2 at once 😉

      Delete

Flickr Images