Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake (Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free, Oil Free)


I have officially submitted my thesis (yay!) and though I still have a PhD proposal to write, I have much more time on my hands to experiment in the kitchen and post here! So, this blog shall hopefully be no longer so neglected!

In all my cheesecake experiments, I had yet to insert raspberries in them. They just add an extra "oomph" I think, you know?  This is another oil-free cheesecake experiment, so enjoy!

Prep: 30 minutes, Freezing 6-8 hours; Total Time: 8h30.

Serves 6-12.

You will need:

Base:

1 cup almonds
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1.5 tbsp coconut butter
2 tbsp maple syrup

Chocolate Layer:

1/2 cup soaked cashews
1 tbsp coconut butter
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp cacao powder
1/4 cup coconut yogurt or cream

Plus 1/3-1/2 cup frozen raspberries for layering

Raspberry Layer:

1/2 cup soaked cashews
1 tbsp coconut butter
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp water
1/4 cup coconut yogurt or cream
1/3 cup frozen raspberries

Method:

1. Combine almonds in a food processor until crumbly. Add rest of base ingredients, and press into a small lined tin pan.
2. Combine all ingredients for chocolate layer in food processor/high speed blender until smooth. Layer the raspberries on top of base, then pour chocolate layer on top. Place in freezer.
3. Rinse out blender, then add the ingredients for raspberry layer and blend. Then pour on top of chocolate layer. Set in freezer for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images