Vegan Donut Ice-Cream Sandwiches with Blackberry Ice-Cream



A few months ago I spotted this blog post which had donut ice-cream sandwiches. I saw it, knew I wanted to make it, and bookmarked it. However, there was the tiny problem of finding the perfect vegan donut in order to make them. I tried numerous batches of baked donuts. But they just wouldn't cut it. I eventually realized that if indeed I did want the perfect donut, it would need to be deep fried. I used this recipe for the donuts, and lo and behold! I did have the perfect donut, just in time for summer to make donut ice-cream sandwiches! Now, I am sure you are thinking: no. You can't combine the two greatest desserts together and get away with it. It's too much of a good thing! But actually, they go well together. And it doesn't matter if your donuts are stale. It just doesn't. I was actually surprised how perfect it was. So will you be one to try the donut ice-cream sandwich?

It should make enough ice-cream for 3 donut ice-cream sandwiches.

Prep: 5 minutes.

You will need:

3 donuts (for best results, use this recipe if you are making your own)
2 frozen bananas
1/2 cup thawed blackberries

1. Slice you donuts in half.
2. Combine the bananas and blackberries in a food processor until combined.
3. Place one scoop of ice-cream per donut.
4. Eat!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images