A Vegan Food Guide to Newtown (Sydney)

"Combustion Tofu" burger (vegan) from Burger Fuel

I know I have mentioned this before, but I just want to reiterate how difficult it can be to eat out as a vegan with people that still eat meat and dairy, such as my boyfriend. For a long time, we rarely ate out because it was so difficult to find places that would cater for both our needs. Trust me when I say my home town has no vegan options to eat, like at all. Unless you count the fruit shop! This is where Newtown comes in. I rarely went to Newtown in High School, but now I find myself going there every few weeks because of the huge varieties of vegan food that makes eating out so damn easy and hassle-free. After the popularity of my last food guide to Sydney, I thought I would do one just for Newtown, because there are so many options, probably more than even in Sydney itself. If you are from overseas, and plan on visiting Sydney, Newtown is key for all vegan noms! It is only a 10 minutes train trip or less from the CBD, so it's not difficult to get to at all.

Main Meals:


Desserts:

  • Sadhana Kitchen (think raw cheezecakes, wagon wheels, and tim tams!)
  • Gelato Blue (they have a whole section for just vegan gelato! They also sell vegan chocolates!)
  • Vegan's Choice (takeaway ice-cream, cakes and cheezecakes, including oreo cakes! There is also numerous gluten free options)

Vegan groceries:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images