Healthy Vegan Watermelonade


Hi guys! Sorry I haven't posted for a few days: towards the end of semester I got so busy that I was unable to come up with new recipes. But after my last exam on Thursday I saw an ad for watermelonade. The idea behind watermelonade is a watermelon flavoured lemonade. Radical, I know. My life was changed, but I figured the watermelonade advertised would be full of artificial flavours and sugar. So I decided to make one from real fruit and refined sugar free! And it's pretty damn delicious. I think it might be my new favourite summertime drink!

Serves 2, approx. 20 minutes to make then 1-2 hours chilling time

1 1/2 cups water
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 cups watermelon
1/4 cup lemon juice (approx. 1 large lemon)

1. In a small saucepan combine water and maple syrup on medium heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, set aside.
2. In a blender, blend your 2 cups watermelon. I always find that pressing the watermelon down in the blender releases the juice and helps it blend more easily.
3. Pour your watermelon juice in a sieve, removing any pulp and seeds.
4. Juice your lemon juice.
5. Combine all ingredients in a jug and whisk. You can either serve immediately or chill!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images