Current Favourites: Links

Minimalist Baker's Vegan Funfetti Cupcakes!

Because it is spring, I am so excited, and want to fill everything with flowers and colour, from donuts, cake, pineapple, watermelon, mango... and everything and anything that may resemble these items! So here, in my current favourites, are a mix of well, cake recipes, and well, donut floats, donut stools, pineapple bags... and everything seems to be mostly birthday related... I also managed to make Katherine Sabbath's Hamburger Cupcakes (but vegan!). Basically, I tried to vegan-ize her recipes (and failed = 3 batches of cupcakes and 2 brownie batches later). So I used Minimalist Baker's Funfetti cupcakes (without the sprinkles and icing), and brownies; for the rest I simply followed Katherine Sabbath's how-to, using vegan fondant icing, and tofutti for the cream cheese icing part. See my attempt here!


Food

Savory


Dessert

  • Vegan Victoria Sponge Cake. I used this recipe for my dad's birthday (who typically loves sponge cakes with passionfruit, but I wanted to make a vegan one), and this went down so well! My non-vegan parents loved it, which means it is a damn good cake recipe!
  • Funfetti Cupcakes! Image above! I made them gluten-free by using coconut flour and more almond milk!

To Inspire:

  • I have been wanting this donut pool float for soo long! I think I might finally take the plunge and get it for summer!


DIY


To think about:

I only recently learned that a lot of Urban Decay's makeup is vegan! And all is cruelty free. This makes me happy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images