The Ultimate Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae


During one afternoon after high school a few years ago, my friend and I went to McDonalds and ordered a chocolate chip cookie sundae; the idea was a warm chocolate chip cookie with ice-cream and chocolate fudge sauce on top, though of course my cookie came out frozen (thanks, McDonalds!). I decided to recreate this sundae as an easy, but super effective and delicious, dessert. I decided to put it under one of my "dessert hacks", as though you do have to make cookies, they don't take too long to make. A fresh warm cookie really does take this dessert a few notches higher, and I have used this recipe at least 10 times and it has never failed me! I used the same cookie recipe that I used for my peanut butter ice-cream and chocolate chip cookie sandwiches.

For the cookies. I got the recipe from here, but I halved it. It should make 6 cookies.

You will need:

1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp almond milk
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
1/2 cup vegan choc chips

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Cream the coconut oil with brown sugar, add almond milk and vanilla.
3. Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder over mixture, mix in. Add salt, and mix in the chocolate.
4. Divide mixture into 6 cookies onto a tray. I used egg rings to create the perfect circular shape, and pressed the dough into the circles.


5. Bake for 10 minutes (with the egg rings) or until brown.



Serves 6 (i.e. 6 cookies), approx. 5 minutes preparation time:

You will need:

6 vegan chocolate chip cookies
6 scoops of vegan vanilla ice-cream (I used "So Good: Vanilla Bliss")

Toppings:

Vegan chocolate sauce
Vegan chocolate chips

1. Put a scoop of ice-cream on each cookie, cover with chocolate sauce and chocolate chips.
2. Serve!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images