Vegan Peanut Butter Ice-Cream and Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches


This is something I have been wanting to do for ages. The ice-cream sandwich, but vegan. But what cookie do you use? And what ice-cream? After much deliberation, I decided on peanut butter ice-cream and choc-chip cookies. Oh, what a combination! It was extremely delicious. As for the choc-chip cookie recipe, I searched high and low for a healthy vegan recipe, but to no avail. Eventually I found one that used coconut oil instead of butter, but unfortunately brown sugar was also a large part of the recipe. I still made it though (which is what I used in this post), though in the future I think I will experiment with making a refined sugar free and gluten free choc-chip cookie, but bear with me here! The cookies used in this post are by far one of the best choc-chip cookies I have ever had (vegan and non-vegan!), so I suggest you try making it.

For the cookies. I got the recipe from here, but I halved it. It should make 6 cookies, enough for three ice-cream sandwiches.

You will need:
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp almond milk
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
1/2 cup vegan choc chips (I used a block of vegan chocolate which I cut up into chunks).

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Cream the coconut oil with brown sugar, add almond milk and vanilla.
3. Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder over mixture, mix in. Add salt, and mix in the chocolate.
4. Divide mixture into 6 cookies, place on a tray with greased baking paper, press down slightly.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until brown.

 
For the ice-cream:
2 frozen bananas
5-6 tbsp of vegan peanut butter (try and get one that is 100% peanuts)
1/4 cup almond milk


1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
2. Pour into a metal tray and cover with glad wrap.
3. If you used frozen bananas, the ice-cream should be hard enough to use a with an ice-cream scoop after around 30-45 minutes in freezer. Don't forget to whisk every 30 minutes until ready.

Making the sandwiches:

You will need 2 cookies and one scoop of ice-cream per sandwich. Simply place a cookie upside down on a place, put a scoop of ice-cream on the cookie, and put another cookie on top. Voila! I hope you like it!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi, thanks for this post. It is exactly what i was looking for. Look forward to reading more .


    Fat Cutter
    Roop Amrit
    AsthiJivak
    Air sofa cum bed

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images