Vegan and Healthy Mango Mint Sorbet

This was inspired by my favourite summertime drink: the mango mint frappe. Made during those hot summer days, when mangoes are fresh, cheap and abundant, when paired with ice, water and mint, the mango frappe is extremely refreshing. My love of this drink really cannot be understated! So today, while the days grow colder and mangoes can no longer be bought fresh, I decided to make a sorbet form of my favourite drink with the only mango I can get my hands on: frozen mango. I followed the same measurements as my raspberry sorbet, so only mango, mint and coconut water were used, though I did add a dash of arrowroot powder as I am still experimenting a little with it, but still,  no added sugar! Super healthy, super refreshing! For those wondering, I bought the frozen mango from Coles.

You will need:

2 cups of frozen mango
1/4 cup coconut water
1 handful of fresh mint
1 tsp arrowroot powder.

1. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor.
2. Pour into a metal tray, cover with glad wrap.
3. If you used frozen mango: the mix should be ready to serve with an ice-cream scoop after 45 minutes or so of hardening. If you used fresh mango, follow the normal method, of whisking every 30 minutes until ready.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images