Vegan Coconut Chai Ice-Cream

Hey, sorry for the brief hiatus! Today I finally found some time to make a new recipe! So after my chocolate-banana chai ice-cream, I wanted to have a go at making a normal chai ice-cream without putting the tea leaves in the actual ice-cream. My conclusion was to use coconut cream instead of banana, and to infuse the cream with tea, just like when making a cup of tea!

You will need:

1 x 400 ml can of coconut cream (pour out the water)
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 teabags of chai tea
1 teabag of a normal tea (I used English breakfast)
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp ground ginger

You will also need:
1 small square of cheese cloth
1 elastic band


1. Pour the coconut cream and maple syrup in a sauce pan and put on low heat. Let maple syrup dissolve into the cream.

2. Rip open the teabags and put in the middle of the cheese cloth. Add the cinnamon and ginger, then tie up the bag.


3. Place the chai mix in the saucepan. Occasionally press on the mix to let the chai come through and mix with the cream. I let mine simmer for around 15 minutes until I was happy with the strength of the chai in the cream. Taste every 3 or 4 minutes until you are happy with the flavour.
4. Pour cream mixture into a metal tray, cover with glad wrap and place in the freezer. Whisk every 30 minutes until ready to serve.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images