Vegan Strawberry-Banana Ice-Cream: A Breakfast Alternative


I love ice-cream (can you tell?). And considering most of these recipes are super healthy, why not try having these ice-creams for breakfast? Considering I haven't done a "proper" post for strawberry ice-cream with a banana base, I thought today I would demonstrate how you can incorporate ice-cream as a breakfast alternative; bananas and strawberries aren't exactly a terrible food to eat, and bananas are great for the morning as it has that energy to sustain you throughout the day. The effort involved probably calls for a weekend breakfast, I mean, when you have to get up at 6am for work or uni on a weekday, who has the time to get that food processor out, combine the ingredients and maybe wait 30 minutes for the ice-cream to harden in the freezer before you even consume it? If I am honest, most days I am running out the door with a thermos in my hand and toast in the other. Also, if I am super honest, I had this recipe for lunch instead of breakfast! Ice-cream for all meals of the day, yes please!

You will need:
2 frozen bananas
6 or more strawberries (I used 6 as that is all I had left!)
1 tbsp almond milk

1. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. If it won't mix, add a dash more almond milk until it does. If you are feeling fancy, why not add some protein powder, maca powder or any other super-food powders out there!
2. If you feel the mixture is too sloppy, put in a bowl, cover with glad wrap and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. If you think it is perfect, serve up!
3. If you are having this as a breakfast, why not add some muesli, chia seeds, buckinis and goji berries? I layered mine with rolled oats, buckinis, then the ice-cream, more buckinis, chia seeds and then a strawberry on top.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images