Vegan Double Chocolate Magnums


Last week, I bought a new popsicle mould for mini magnums, and I'm in love! I am glad I did, and it has inspired me to get creative in the kitchen again with ice cream and popsicles (something that has been lacking lately, especially since I started this blog as a place to store my ice-cream recipes!). To start with though, I thought I would try and recreate a classic: double chocolate.

I tried to make these as healthy and low-fat as possible, which is why the ice-cream is made from banana, though the chocolate shell does have fat from the coconut oil. But it is refined sugar free, so hey, can't complain!

As I made this to fit my new magnum moulds (which are tiny!) this makes a really small batch: I would suggest doubling for larger moulds.

Makes 4 mini popsicles.

Prep: 10 minutes. Freezing time: 4 hours. Total time: 4 h 10 minutes.

You will need:

For the ice-cream:

1 frozen banana
1 tbsp cacao powder

For the chocolate shell:

1/4 cup coconut oil
3 tbsp cacao powder
2 tbsp maple syrup

Optional:

1-3 tbsp crushed peanuts

1. Combine frozen banana and cacao powder in a food processor until smooth. Spoon into mould, insert popsicle sticks, and place in freezer for 4 hours.
2. For the chocolate shell, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan on low heat until smooth.
3. Once the popsicles have been in the freezer for 4 hours, remove from mould, and carefully dip each into the chocolate. If you want peanuts on top, work quickly before the chocolate sets! There will be chocolate left over (as this much is needed to dip each popsicle in chocolate), so I put mine in some chocolate moulds so it wouldn't be wasted.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

Flickr Images