Vegan Beauty Products


To me, veganism is more than just the food I put in my mouth. It affects the clothes I wear, the foundation I put on my face, and the perfume I use. We need to remember that animals are not just killed for meat: they are abused through animal testing and exploited just so we can have nice eye makeup and red lipstick. I decided to write this post as a response to the growing trend of "plant-based diets": namely, those who virtually eat a vegan diet, but continue to wear leather and buy products tested on animals. Whilst the rising trend of cutting out animal products from peoples diets is wonderful, it saddens me that the welfare of animals is lost in the process. The fact cosmetic animal testing has no logical foundation is demonstrated by the fact it was made illegal in New Zealand just a few months ago. I do not want to rant or preach here, but just google "animal testing", and I can assure you will be convinced.

Here I thought I would list all the products I personally use that are vegan AND cruelty free! These products are a result of all my research into vegan products and the ones I have personally favoured, so no sponsorship or advertising here! :D I have added links and prices (in Australian) to help people find products within their means. If you are new to veganism and cruelty free products, I suggest iherb.com (just double check on the brands company website to make sure it is cruelty free) and Lush be your first port-of-call, before expanding out and learning what cruelty-free products suit you. The only thing that I haven't really bothered with finding a vegan alternative is nail polish, and that is because I stopped using it a few years ago.

If there is anything you think is missing from this list, don't hesitate to comment! I love finding new vegan products.

MAKEUP:

-Foundation: Urban Decay Naked Skin, $28-$58.
-Beauty Balm: Urban Decay Beauty Balm, $34-$50.
-Blush: Inika Mineral Blush, $38-$43.
-Mascara: Larenium Mineralash Mascara, $16.
-Eye Liner: Urban Decay Ink for Eyes (Waterproof), $20.
-Lip Balm: Hurraw Tinted Lip Balm in Black Cherry, $4.
-Lip Butter: Pacifica Coconut Kiss Lip Butter, $13.
-Lipstick: Lime Crime Unicorn Lipstick Retrofuturist (Red), $18-$24.
-Lip Cream: Aesop Rosehip Seed Lip Cream, $15.

FACE:

-Cleanser: Aesop Amazing Face Cleanser, 200ml, $49.
-Exfoliate: Sukin Organics Revitalizing Facial Scrub, $10.
-Moisturizer: Rosehip Plus Organic Cold Pressed Rosehip Oil. $20.
-Moisturizer: Delicious Skin Soft Moisturizing Cream, $28.

HAIR:

-Shampoo: Sukin Organics Purifying Shampoo, 1L $19.95.
-Conditioner: Sukin Organics Nourishing Conditioner, 1L, $19.95.
-Treatment: Lush Jasmine and Henna Fluff-Ease, $28.

BODY:

-Deodorant: Sukin Organics Natural Deodorant, $5.95.
-Lotion: Lush Dream Cream Body Lotion, $30.
-Lotion: Sukin Organics Hydrating Body Lotion, $20.
-Soap: Lush Bohemian Soap, $5.95.
-Shower Gel: Lush Happy Hippy Shower Gel, $8-$21.
-Shower Gel: Sukin Organics Botanical Body Wash, $8.
-Scrub: Frank Body Coffee Scrub, $15.

TEETH:

-Toothbrush: Got Wood Biodegradable Wooden Toothbrush, $6.
-Toothpaste: Desert Essence Natural Tea Tree Oil Toothpaste, $6-$11.
-Toothpaste: Lush Toothy Tabs, $3.
-Toothpaste: Jason Natural Powersmile (Anti-Cavity and Whitening), $8-$11.
-Floss: Eco-Dent Dental Floss, $5.

HANDS:

-Hand Cream: Aesop Resurrection Hand Cream, $29.

PERFUME:

-Solid Perfume: Lush Vanilla Solid Perfume, $10.
-Spray: Lush Vanilla Spritzer, 30 ml $40.

SUNSCREEN AND TANNING:

 -Sunscreen: Eco Tan Natural Sunscreen, $29.95.
-Fake Tan: Eco Tan Invisible Tan, $34.95.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images