Vegan Rocky Road (Gluten Free)


Rocky Road used to be my favourite treat food, using Cadbury chocolate and Pascall marshmallows. I have put off making rocky road since going vegan, mostly because of the difficulty of finding good vegan marshmallows. That's where dandies air puffed marshmallows come in: the perfect vegan gluten free marshmallow that even non-vegans love! They are a match-made in heaven when it comes to rocky road, so please enjoy! When I made this my pa was staying over and he grabbed a piece without realising it was vegan: and he liked it! My pa is a bit skeptical of veganism (I am not even sure he fully comprehends what it entails), so for him to like it I think is a big deal!

Prep: 10 minutes, Refrigeration: 1 hour. Total time: 1 h 10 minutes.

Makes around 10 squares.

You will need:

100g of good quality vegan chocolate (I used Loving Earth Hazelnut Chocolate)
12 large Dandies marshmallows
1/4 cup shelled pistachios
1/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries

Method:

1. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave.
2. Pour a quarter of the chocolate into a small square lined tin (around 15 x 15 cm).
3. Layer your marshmallows with the pistachios with raspberries. The pour the rest of the chocolate on top.
4. Place in fridge and let set for around an hour, then cut up into squares. Serve with rose petals if you're feeling extra fancy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images